Wednesday, March 18, 2009

2:30 a.m. Rant

It's 2:30 a.m. and I can't sleep.

I was told by my Orthopedist today that I now have a chronic sprained ankle. I didn't even know such a diagnosis existed. I thought you sprain your ankle, it hurts for 3-4 weeks, it gets better, you go about your business. But it turns out you can do everything that the doctor tells you to do, your ankle still hurts six weeks later and you get told that you have six more weeks of pain and inconvenience to look forward to.

So, I was laying in bed, trying to get back to sleep, ankle throbbing away, and wishing there was someone to blame for my current state of affairs.

Sure, I could blame myself, but I was just trying to make my dogs happy and after it happened I followed all the doctors instructions, so I don't really think it's my fault.

I can't blame the dog. Sure, ultimately he caused this whole situation. But he was just doing what retrievers do, fetching a ball. Plus. he needed medication for a few days after our run in too (after all he is 10 years old, he gets achy when it's too cold outside much less when runs into an almost stationary object). Plus he's just too adorable to blame.

I can't blame the husband. Sure, he could have said that he didn't want to go to the dog park. But he likes to make me happy and at the time a trip to the dog park seemed like a swell idea. Plus he sure took good care of me while I was in really bad shape, fetching me a never-ending list of things I needed while I sat on the couch icing and elevating. Plus he's just too adorable to blame.

I could blame the weather. With all of the crazy weather we've had this year, why is there a beautiful sunny day on the last day of January. Why couldn't we have had snow that day. Yeah, maybe the weather is to blame.

Or maybe I should blame Chris Rusnak. He just had to send out a link to his blog with fantastic pictures of other dogs playing at the park. He just had to make me think "Oh, a trip to the dog park would be fun. We've never taken Rupert to the dog park and Jones hasn't been there in years. And the weather is just lovely out. Yes, today would be a good day to do that". Yes, he just had to do that.

So, I blame you Chris Rusnak! You and your dog photos. Curses to you!

And, to the weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment