Friday, March 20, 2009

Snack Time

It's Friday afternoon and I have had a hard week. My washing machine broke, I was told that I need six weeks of physical therapy for my ankle (now considered a chronic sprained ankle), and then my hard drive died.

I decided a lovely afternoon snack (and a cocktail) was in order.

The strawberries in my CSA box this week looked so good (and the husband can not stand strawberries) so I decided to make them a little indulgent by adding sour cream and brown sugar to dip them in. If you have never tried this you should. So good, tangy and sweet and fresh.


To accompany my strawberries I decided a Rose Martini would be lovely. I first had this martini at Daniel in New York and I loved it so much I had to ask what was in it. They gave me ingredients but not measurements so I, of course, had to make a few to get it just right. After many tries this is what I came up with.

2 ounces vodka
1 ounce Sence Rose Nectar (I like the low sugar version)

a splash of Rose Syrup


I pour this all in a cocktail shaker with some ice, give it a healthy shake and then pour it over a fancy ice cube that I have frozen a rose petal into (while this isn't necessary it sure does make it pretty).


Delicious. Perfect with the strawberries. Happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment