Sunday, April 19, 2009

Spicy-Sweet Soy Glazed Pork Tenderloin

Today was a beautiful day in Seattle. The husband and I spent quite a bit of the day doing yard work, then retired to the deck for a nice sit in the sun. The grill started calling my name and decided it must be time to cook.

A couple of days ago I pulled a pork loin out of the freezer to thaw. So, I knew that would be my protein. I searched through the fridge and found red beets and baby potatoes.

I started cooking without really knowing where the meal would end up (therefore I don't have any "here's the ingredients" pictures).

I made a beet salad by boiling the beets, peeling them, chopping them and then dressing them with balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper and the good olive oil. Then I topped it with blue cheese and cashews.

The potatoes were even easier. I washed them, boiled them and then tossed them with butter, chives and smoked salt.

My first thought for the pork was to make the Whiskey and Brown Sugar glaze that I made a while back for some grilled acorn squash. Alas, we had consumed all the whiskey. I started throwing a few thing in the pan and ended up with this.

Spicy-Sweet Soy Glazed Pork Tenderloin
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup triple sec
1/8 cup molasses
1 Tablespoon brown sugar
Sriracha to taste
1 pork tenderloin

I started by combining everything but the pork loin in a small saucepan. I put it over medium heat and let it reduce by half. Meanwhile I preheated my grill and then added my seasoned pork loin to cook. When the pork tenderloin was almost done I started brushing it with many coats of glaze. When it was done I let it rest for a few minutes and then sliced it. I served the leftover glaze alongside as a sauce.

I enjoyed everything and the husband liked most everything. The potatoes (which are one of my clients favorites) were yummy. He said the beets were great after he got rid of the blue cheese and cashews (but I liked them with). And the pork tenderloin glaze ended up kind of like a spicy teriyaki sauce, what's not to like about that.

The best part was sitting on the deck, eating in the sunshine and open air. Summer's coming, I can feel it!

No comments:

Post a Comment